Saturday, January 26, 2013

GiamBOMBtista

There is nothing more exquisite to me that couture shows. It's beyond the height of fashion- stretching to the epitome. The collections are always lined with epic gowns and demanding details that can take advantage of any fashion-effected soul. When I think of couture, I think of the obsessive attire dames and queens war through Medieval times to the Renaissance, when the daily dress was epic and almost exhaustingly overwhelming. But anywhooo, I love precision and the whimsicality of Giambattista Valli's designs. He goes farther than just understanding the fineness of a woman's body, but he can also determine a woman's desire in his clothes. I'm obsessed with his ability to modernize the mid-century silhouette. With his use of inventive and luxurious fabrics, as well as his perfect embellishments, he caps the list as one of my favorite designers. This collection is fit for any, but especially, this Princess. 













(Via Vogue.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment